Saturday, June 21, 2014

Yosemite

After last summer in California, I was seriously questioning why we were not selling the house and moving out to the mountains of California, or any other part of California for that matter.  It seemed to fit a perfect lifestyle that I didn't think we could achieve in our corner of Connecticut.  We were hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding and surfing!  It seemed that everyone there lived a much better life.  Didn't we want this?  Wouldn't this be the perfect change for a better quality of life?

Then again, if we actually lived in California, would we actually do these actives all the time (okay, the weather would make it easier than in Connecticut)?  I mean, I bet people in LA aren't in the national parks every weekend or driving up to Mammoth every other weekend to ski.  If we actually lived in LA or SF, wouldn't we just get caught up in the typical family weekend routine?  Wasn't I looking at everything through the rose colored glasses of vacation - when you don't actually have to work?  I tend to want to move to where ever I am on vacation.  For a while I seriously thought Norway was the place for me, though I'm told the winters are much different than my week experience in the fjords in mid-August with warm weather and sunshine until 11 p.m.  

Also, wouldn't I miss New York?  I mean, I love that city - though I never seem to get in there enough.  But Fairfield County, Connecticut seems so...bland and expensive.  I've lived here most of my life.  If you want to do anything that is fun and doesn't break the bank, you need to go somewhere else.  Right?  

I started to think, maybe I'm just so use to this area, that I never give it a chance.  I need to find out what I can do in Fairfield County or within a two hour drive that we will enjoy and won't break the bank.  As per a friend's suggestion, I'm writing this blog to document what I've found and hopefully give ideas to anyone else who is searching.  I hope this works!

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment